My hubby bought me this gorgeous risotto pot (you can find it at Williams Sonoma) so I knew just what I needed to make….risotto! Of course, when in doubt I turn to In Garten for a go-to recipe. As usual, she did NOT disappoint! Now bring on some Parmesan Risotto!
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock, preferably homemade, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
- Serve hot
*Note: For the pot pictured, the cover cannot go in the oven so just use foil to cover the pot. Use the cover once the dish is done.
Leave a Reply