This gorgeous recipe was first seen & adapted from Life, Love & Sugar. Hop on over just to enjoy the perfection of every cake she posts. They are amazing! I altered the decorations to simplify the cake a bit but feel free to make her homemade chocolate frosting to decorate with!!!
Peanut Butter Truffle Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons Hershey's unsw cocoa powder I did NOT use dutch processed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 l egg
- ½ cup buttermilk or make it like I did by adding 1 T vinegar to 1 cup milk, let sit 5 mins and then meaure out 1/2 cup
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup boiling hot water
Peanut Butter Truffle
- two 10-ounce bags of Reese's peanut butter chips In baking aisle
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Hershey's Syrup
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan and add a parchment paper circle to the bottom and grease again.
- The parchment also prevents the pan from leaking.
- Beat egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla & boiling water.
- Pour in pan and bake at 300 degrees for about 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes
- out almost clean.
- Cool Cake.
- Pour peanut butter chips into a bowl.
- Microwave heavy cream until just boiling and pour it over the chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it alone for 5 mins.
- Whisk smooth.
- Re-cover and chill 45 mins.
- Whisk in mascarpone until smooth and pour over the chocolate cake.
- Use an offset spatula to smooth this layer.
- Chill a few hours.
- Run knife around side and remove outer pan ring.
- Pipe on the frosting and drizzle with chocolate syrup.