Pecan Turtle Clusters
These toasted pecan turtle clusters are what candy dreams are made of. You will often find these in the glass shelves of candy stores but I bet they won’t taste like the ones you can whip up in your own kitchen. Yours will be extra fresh and delicious and they’re actually easy to make! We are going to make these extra special by toasting the pecans first. You cannot compete with a toasted pecan in your cluster! They are just the best. A touch of sea salt at the end isn’t too shabby either and I highly recommend it. One tip for buying your pecans is to head to Trader Joe’s. They sell large bags at very good prices and you can freeze the extra, too!
You may also love: turtle fudge
Toasted Pecan Turtle Clusters
- 50 pecan halves
- 20 kraft caramels
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Disks
- sea salt optional
- Toast pecans at 300 on a cookie sheet 5-8 minutes until fragrant. Let cool.
- Microwave caramels, condensed milk and butter until perfectly smooth. Let cool a bit.
- Microwave chocolates gently and let cool a bit.
- Arrange pecans on wax paper in a cluster.
- Spoon on some caramel.
- Spoon on some chocolate.
- Add sea salt, if desired.
- Pop in fridge just a few minutes to set and remove from fridge.