- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar
- 4 OUNCES ALMOND FLOUR
- 3 EGG WHITES
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and almond flour. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites with salt on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high and gradually add granulated sugar. Continue to whip until stiff glossy peaks form. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the confectioners’ sugar mixture until completely incorporated.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Fit a pastry bag with a 3/8-inch #4 round tip, and fill with batter. Pipe 1-inch disks onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. The batter will spread a little. Let stand at room temperature until dry, and a soft skin forms on the tops of the macarons and the shiny surface turns dull, about 15 minutes.
- bake 20-25 minutes-will be done when easily come off parchment. Cool and fill with peanut butter and jelly! I used raspberry!
- adapted from martha stewart
LINKED AT THE COUNTRY COOK: WEEKEND POTLUCK