The Ultimate Buttery Pound Cake
- 1 cup allpurpose flour
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces Eurpoean style softened butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 9x5 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar for 5 mins.
- Add vanilla, eggs and yolks.
- On low, add the dry ingredients in 3 batches alternating with the cream.
- Transfer to pan and bake 55-65 mins.
- If browning too much, tent it with foil.
- Cool before slicing. Tastes even better on day two!
Pound Cake French Toast
- 5 slices pound cake -not too thin (cold is better for sturdiness)
- 3 eggs, beat in a bowl with a splash of half and half mixed in
- Heat 1-2 T. butter in skillet. Dip pound cake in egg/cream and place in pan. When bottoms are brown, flip and cook until golden. Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream!
[…] Pound Cake French Toast […]