Pumpkin Roulade with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 12 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- 1¼ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 by 18 by 1-inch sheet pan.
- Line pan with parchment paper and grease /flour the parchment.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on medium for 3 minutes.
- On low, add the pumpkin.
- Add flour mix.
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake 12 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Lay out a very thin cotton dish towel and pour ¼ cup confectioners' sugar all over it.
- Loosen the cake and flip it onto the towel.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Roll the warm cake and the towel together .
- Cool on a rack.
- Beat the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar, salt and cream together until fluffy.
- Unroll the cake and spread on the filling.
- Roll the cake back up using the towel to help.
- Sprinkle on confectioners' sugar and slice.
Adapted from Ina Garten!