THIS CAKE WEIGHED IN AT 9.5 POUNDS!
TO MAKE THE WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BARS:
Ingredients for layer one:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup white chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Line 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick foil.
MELT butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Add 1 cup morsels; let stand. Do not stir.
BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake about 20 minutes until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
HEAT jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust.
Next, Make Top layer:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup white chips, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
MELT butter in microwave. Add 1/2 cup chips; let stand. Do not stir.
BEAT egg in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the xtra 1/2c. chips and drop by tablespoons on top of the jam. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into small bars.
FOR A GF VERSION, USE CUP 4 CUP FLOUR OR BETTER BATTER LIKE I DID!!!
BEST. FLOURLESS. CAKE. EVER!
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375. LINE TWO 9 INCH ROUND CAKE PANS W/NONSTICK FOIL.
IN DOUBLE BOILER MELT:
8 OUNCES BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
2 STICKS BUTTER
ONCE MELTED, REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD:
1 1/2C. SUGAR
ADD 1C. UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER AND WHISK TO COMBINE.
BAKE FOR 25 MINUTES. COOL IN PAN ON A RACK FOR 5 MINUTES AND REMOVE FROM PAN. KEEP FROZEN UNTIL DECORATING TIME!
ADAPTED FROM GOURMET MAGAZINE
Make 2 crustless cheesecake layers:
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
4- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1- 3 oz. package cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two 9″ pans with nonstick foil.
Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add cream cheese a little at a time until smooth. Scrape bowl down and beat again on medium speed, adding eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients. Mix again until smooth. Divide batter evenly between pans. Smooth batter with offset spatula and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cheesecake will puff up during baking, then deflate when taken out. Keep frozen.
Mrs. Millman’s Chocolate Frosting
- 24 ounces Nestle semisweet chocolate morsels
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Place chocolate morsels and cream in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until combined and thickened, between 20 and 25 minutes. Increase the heat to medium low; cook, stirring, 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in corn syrup. Transfer frosting to a large metal bowl. Chill until cool enough to spread, about 2 hours, checking and stirring every 15 to 20 minutes. Use immediately.
TO ASSEMBLE CAKE: