Reese’s Brown Butter Cookies
These Reese’s brown butter cookies are no joke. These are for serious cookie lovers as the addition of browned butter pushes them over the edge. Pure yumminess! To brown your butter, cook it in a saucepan over medium, while swirling it int he pot. Mine took about 7-10 minutes to brown so keep an eye on yours. It may take yours up to 10. Then pour it into a heat safe measuring cup to cool for a bit. You don’t want to add it to your cookie dough while burning hot. Be sure to reserve some Reese’s goodies for the tops, too!
- 8 T. salted butter, cooked until browned about 7 mins on medium and cooled
- 8 Tablespoons soft butter (salted)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped chocolate (I chopped Ghirardelli bars)
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces (plus extras to decorate tops)
- 1 cup Reeses's minis (plus extras to decorate tops)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Beat browned butter and regular butter in mixer.
- Add sugars and beat.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate, pieces and minis.
- Scoop onto sheet and bake 10-12 mins. (When you reach 8 mins in oven-dot tops with extra toppings to look pretty.)
- Cool and dig in!
Recipe Adapted from the Wonderful Picky Palate
Be sure to check out her blog!