The only thing better than a fabulous cheesecake is a fabulous cheesecake topped with peanut butter frosting and Reese’s peanut butter cups. This is for the serious peanut butter lovers in your life. I made this for my Dad’s birthday and it did not disappoint!
You may need:
9 inch springform pan
Recipe type: dessert
A delicious dessert packed with peanut butter.
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 T. butter
- 5 T. sugar
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3T. flour
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 4 Tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 Peanut butter cups, cut in half (plus minis, if desired)
- chocolate sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix crust ingredients and press into sides and bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 mins and let cool.
- Lower temp to 300.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on low to combine.
- Add flour.
- Add sour cream.
- Add one egg at a time and vanilla.
- Pour into crust.
- Drop pan gently on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven but leave cake in the oven with door closed for 30 more mins.
- Remove, cool and chill until cold.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add milk and powdered sugar and whip until light.
- Pipe onto cold cheesecake and top with Reese's.
Cheesecake recipe adapted from Life, Love and Sugar Make sure you check out her beautiful blog!
Leave a Reply