START WITH YOUR HOMEMADE CRUST. THIS IS A GLUTEN FREE CRUST. YOU COULD ALSO USE PILLSBURY CRUST!
BOIL UP YOUR HOMEMADE RIGATONI (OKAY, YOU CAN USE STORE BOUGHT TOO!!!)
BAKE UP YOUR CRUST SO IT’S NICE AND CRISPY!
TOP IT WITH YOUR RIGATONI ALLA VODKA
ADD SOME CHEESE AND PUT IT IN THE OVEN!
7 MINUTES LATER IT’S READY!
SLICE FOR YOU?
STEP 1: USE PILLSBURY CRUST OR MAKE PIZZA DOUGH
2 cups “Cup 4 Cup” gluten free flour
1 tablespoon rapid rise instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup warm water (about 105 degrees F)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a mixer, beat flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the water in a stream until a ball begins to form.
3. Place the ball of dough in a bowl that has been drizzled with olive oil. Turn the dough to coat it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour in a warm place.
4. After the dough has risen, press into a disk and park in the fridge until ready to use-at least 45-minutes.
5. Press dough into a parchment lined pizza pan. I used one with holes on the bottom for extra crispness! Build up the sides for the crust and thin out the center. Use a fork to make tiny holes on bottom and rub olive oil all over the crust. Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven in the pan for 10 minutes on a baking stone. Remove from the pan placing the pizza directly on the stone for 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven. Add pasta mixed with the sauce (recipe below) and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for about 7-10 minutes until the cheese is all melted.
crust recipe adapted from bon appetit
Alla Vodka Sauce
MELT 4T. BUTTER, ADD 1 CHOPPED ONION AND 6 CLOVES CHOPPED GARLIC. ADD 2 CANS CRUSHED TOMATOES (28 OUNCES), 1 C. HEAVY CREAM, 1/2 C. PARMESAN CHEESE, SALT/PEPPER. COOK 45 MINS ON A LOW SIMMER PARTIALLY COVERED. (OPtional: add 2/3c vodka-we actually leave it out-i know, i know but it’s just as yummy without it lol)
MIX THE SAUCE WITH STORE BOUGHT PASTA OR HOMEMADE. IF MAKING GLUTEN FREE HOMEMADE, CLICK HERE FOR MY RECIPE!