Roasted Chicken Thighs With Mustard Sauce
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to pan.
- Season thighs with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add to pan, cooking a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken from pan to an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake at 425° for 20-30 or until internally 165°.
- Meanwhile, heat the skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add butter and onions and cook until tender.
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons stock and flour (Can use gluten free)
- Add the stock/flour to the skillet along with rest of stock and bring to a boil. Cook two minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the mustard, rest of the salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add some fresh green beans and return the chicken to the skillet. Let green beans cook in the sauce 2 minutes on low.
adapted from Cooking Light