Guacamole is one of those delicious snacks that you can never go wrong with. Served with tortilla chips or tacos, it is sure to please your family and friends! This guacamole is a little more special than most. I have been on a roasted garlic kick and thought it would go great with some guac! Well, it sure did. Have you ever made roasted garlic? I usually make it using whole heads of garlic but this time I tried it a different way. I used the pre-peeled cloves you find in the produce section of your supermarket. I prepared and cooked it the same way and it came out fabulous! So sweet, mellow and delish. The perfect addition guac! I also added red onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper to some just ripe avocados. Chill to marry the flavors and you have a perfect nosh or appetizer. i served this one to my parents as an app tonight and we all enjoyed it. Break out the chips! Guac is in the house!
Roasted Garlic Guacamole
- 15 small cloves garlic peeled
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3 avocados scooped
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay garlic on foil. Drizzle with oil & salt and wrap tightly in foil.
- Roast in oven 45 mins or until soft.
- Mash avocados and roasted garlic..
- Add onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill to marry the flavors.
- Serve with chips, tacos or on top of broiled salmon! MMMMM!!