Rolo Browned Butter Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Cookies with Caramelized White Chocolate Serves: 12
- ½ cup butter plus 1 T.
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. sea salt flakes
- 1 bag rolos candies
- Melt 5 Tablespoons butter in a pan until the butter browns. (5-7 mins) Pour in a heatproof mixing bowl and refrigerate 30 mins until just about solid.
- Beat the remaining 4 T. butter with the browned butter.
- Add the sugars and beat well.
- Add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to combine.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets at 350 for 8-11 mins. Do not overbake. When done, immediately press a rolo candy into the center. Let cool and dig in!
Adapted from Cookie Love! Fabulous Book!!!!
Leave a Reply