Can I interest you in an easy dinner that tastes like it came from a delicious restaurant? This is such a great dish that can easily use up your barbecue leftovers! Just toss them into this amazing sauce! In fact, next bbq just grill extras in anticipation of making this meal! So simple for a weeknight meal! Rotini with Chicken and Sausage is definitely a keeper on the family menu! You can even add shrimp, salmon or steak
Rotini with Chicken and Sausage
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 -2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 small package sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 sundried tomatoes dried not in oil
- 4 chicken thighs grilled and cut off bone
- 3 -4 sausage links grilled and sliced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ c. parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces rotini pasta cooked and tossed with butter, salt/pepper
- parsley for garnish chopped
- Heat butter and saute mushrooms.
- Add oil and saute onions. Add garlic.
- Heat tomatoes inn microwave 45 seconds with 1/4c. water to reconstitute. Drain and add tomatoes to pan.
- Add broth, cream and cheese.
- Bring to boil and lower to simmer.
- Add chicken and sausage to pan.
- Once warmed add pasta to pan to heat through.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.