Sausage and Corn Scallops
Sausage Corn Scallops
- 2 pounds scallops
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- kosher salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 3 sausage links, sliced thin
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- handful of mushrooms
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed from cob (or I subbed frozen this time)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh chives and rosemary, chopped
- Season scallops with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil and 1 T.butter in cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Cook scallops just a few mins each side to brown and remove to a plate.
- Add the sausage and cook.
- Add rest of the butter and oil.
- Add onions and mushrooms
- Sautee 5 mins.
- Add corn and garlic.
- Cook 5 mins.
- Add wine and ½c. water.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan and let it warm through while you return scallops to the pan.
- Top with chives and rosemary.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest