Sometimes you meet a soup that makes you feel like you are in 5 star restaurant. THIS is that soup. One bite and you will be WOWED! I used fresh corn in this recipe which truly can only add to it. If you can’t get fresh corn, you can substitute frozen. I was impressed my store still had fresh corn while a snowy blizzard was going on! Score! Don’t skimp on the shrimp, either. We used 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp from Costco which was just incredible. Even two day later, the soup reheated beautifully. Just be sure to give it a good stir as the cream may separate. Load up the bowls with lots of crisp bacon, chives and scallions before serving. Bon Appetit!
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cobs of corn roasted with 3 T. butter, salt and pepper at 400 degrees until lightly golden. Cut kernels off cob.
- Or use 2 c. frozen corn
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chives and scallions chopped for topping
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove extra fat but reserve 1T. in pot.
- Add garlic and onion - stirring frequently about 3 mins.
- Add shrimp, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove shrimp once they turn pink to a plate.
- Add chicken stock and corn.
- Bring up to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook about 10 mins to thicken a bit.
- Add cream and puree a little with an immersion blender. I left a lot of corn chunks and onion!
- Serve with the shrimp.
- Decorate with the bacon, scallions and chives!
Adapted from Damn Delicious-check them out!!!!