This dinner comes from our friend Eveda. It is total comfort food and is the type of meal you make when you want dinner to taste like it came from the most gourmet restaurant. This is easy to prepare and can be made with or without the grilled shrimp. I hope you love this shrimp a la vodka as much as we do. It is always a HIT! We buy our shrimp at Costco for those who are wondering-the best!!!
I made this in the incredible Scan Pan! Love my scan pans!!!
You can check it out here—> SCan Pan
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T. olive oil
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ c. vodka (use up to ⅔c. if you like!)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Grill shrimp in a grill pan in olive oil until cooked on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Melt butter and add onion and garlic to saute.
- Add tomatoes, cream, vodka, cheese,s & p.
- Cook 45 mins on a low simmer covered.
- Serve with pasta and pour shrimp on top.