Love S’mores? Don’t we all! These are the perfect indoor winter treat inspired by my lovely baking friend over at OMG Chocolate Desserts!
Adorable Muffin Liners!!!!
- 1⅓ cup graham crackers crumbs
- 5 Tablespoon sugar
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg-lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- piping bag to pipe it
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Up to 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, optional (read below)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Line cupcake tins with 16 cupcake liners.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter..
- Divide among the cupcake liners and press down for the crust.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add oil, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium and add boiling water.
- Divide into the muffin tins on top of the crusts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Use a small knife and cut a small piece out of the top center of each cupcake making room for the marshmallow.
- Use a piping bag and fill the center with the cream.
- Place the little piece of cupcake back on top to cover most of the marshmallow.
- Heat the cream just to a boil and pour over chocolate.
- Let sit 2 minutes then stir.
- Let mixture cool to room temp and then pop in fridge to set up.
- If you wait long enough it will be thick enough to spread.
- I was short on time so I added powdered sugar to thicken it faster and whipped it in the mixer.
- This frosting will be very sweet with the powdered sugar so if you want it less sweet, take the time to let the ganache firm up on its own and then just spread/whip it!
Leave a Reply