S'mores Hand Held PiesS'mores in a pie? A pie you can hold in your hand? Count me in! These handheld pies are amazing!
You may need:
S'mores Hand Held Pies
- Best Pie Crust
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) very cold butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup very cold leaf lard (or crisco)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons (about ½ cup) ice water
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Mini Marshmallows
- Squares of Chocolate (Ghirardelli)
- graham cracker crumbs
- Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the flour mixture.
- Place the flour, salt, And sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the butter and leaf lard. Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter is the size of peas.
- With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll each piece on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it doesn't stick to the board.
- Use round cookie cutters (3 inches is a good size) to make your pies. Each pie needs 2 circles-a top and bottom.
- On the bottom, place some fluff, mini marshmallows, one square of chocolate and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
- Brush edges with egg wash.
- Top with a second circle and use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Brush with egg wash, make a few slits and bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 400 degrees for approx 14 mins until browned.
- Serve with a drizzle of melted chocolate, if desired.