Sometimes the best recipes come when you goof up the recipe. So if the good makes it even better, is it really a goof at all? So this recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Being as quick as I usually am when baking, I missed that important info and used the whole can. Ooops! Following the good came rave reviews for these bars. At that moment I hadn’t even realized I goofed. So, I guess next time I will add a bit less than the whole can but maybe more than 1/2 cup! I chilled these bars in the fridge before cutting for cleaner cuts. By the way, my picky eater son went nuts for these Sprinkle Gooey Bars. Bet your kids will, too!
Now, let’s talk about the sprinkles I used. Aren’t they just adorable? I found them over at Fancy Sprinkles! They are made for the “modern baker” and you cannot find anything like these in the local stores. I know, because I have looked many times in the past! Well, look no further! They have such an awesome variety and I love the various sizes within each sprinkle container. They have colors for every occasion and some really funky assorted sprinkles! I also love their containers and they offer free shipping! You can visit them at FancySprinkles.com , Instagram or on their Facebook Page.
You May Need:
Sprinkle Gooey Bars
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup sprinkles divided
- ½ cup from a 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used the whole can in these pics-oops!)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×9” pan with nonstick foil.
- Beat cake mix, butter and egg.
- Add 1/3c. sprinkles.
- Press 2/3 into pan.
- Sprinkle on the white chips and other 1/3c. sprinkles.
- Pour on the condensed milk.
- Flatten rest of dough and patch on top of the milk to create a top layer.
- Bake about 30 mins.
- Cool, chill and cut.
Adapted from Crazy for Crust