This is a delightful dessert. A rich brownie gets topped with a creamy cheesecake and swirled with strawberry jam. Decadent, delicious and worth every calorie. These also freeze very well so you can make them ahead for parties. Who doesn’t love a shortcut like that! Storing them in the freezer also comes in handy when company just drops in or you have that late night sweet tooth urge! I hope you try out these strawberry cheesecake brownies soon! Imagine these with homemade strawberry jam? Oooh and it is strawberry season!
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 8 T. butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8 inch pan with nonstick foil
- In saucepan on low, melt the butter with the chocolate until smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Remove heat and whisk in sugars.
- Keep whisking while you add eggs.
- Fold in flour.
- Spread in pan and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Carefully pour this over the brownies and spread with offset spatula.
- Stir jam so it is spreadable.
- Drop in dollops over cheesecake and swirl with toothpick just through the cheesecake-not the brownie layer.
- Place another baking dish with hot water in oven on bottom rack to add moisture.
- Place brownies on middle rack and bake 45 minutes.
- Shut oven and leave brownies in another 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Chill in pan overnight or several hours.
- Cut into bars.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman
*note: original calls for 40 mins of baking. I felt they needed 5 more minutes in my oven.