Stuffed artichokes are best served with a side of melted butter to dip the leaves in. This is a great appetizer or side dish!
- 4 artichokes
- 2 cups bread crumbs seasoned
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves
- salt/pepper to taste
- 6-8 T. olive oil
- Trim off sharp points on artichokes and cut off bottom stem to make flat.
- Place in pot and cover with water,
- Boil 5 mins and drain well.
- Stand artichokes up in a large pot.
- Stuff filling into leaves using a teaspoon. Take your time so you get into all the leaves.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the filling to moisten. Last time I used 6 T. but I will use a bit more next time.
- Add 1 inch water in the bottom of pot.
- Cover and steam until leaves easily pull off, about 60 minutes.