These are not just your average Swedish meatballs! These are spectacular! What’s the twist you are wondering? The meatballs are made with a combo of ground chicken and chicken sausage! Add in lots of cheese and a yummy cream sauce and you are in business! Bring on dinner!
- The Best Chicken Meatballs Ever!
- ¾ pound ground chicken I have the butcher grind this from boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ pound chicken sausage casings removed
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. flour
- 2 cups beef broth heated in microwave
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- chopped parsley
- Optional: cooked egg noodles
- Place the ground chicken, sausage, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Pecorino, Parmesan, milk, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl and combine gently with a fork.
- Form meatballs and fry in a few Tablespoons olive oil to lightly brown.
- Add onions at same time and sauté in with the meatballs.
- Once golden, remove onions and meatballs to a plate.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Whisk in flour and cook until golden.
- Add warmed broth and cream.
- Whisk in mustard.
- Bring up to a simmer and add in meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low 15 minutes to cook meatballs through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Add in egg noodles, if desired