This sweet dark cherry clafouti is such a fabulous dessert. It is baked in a pie dish but the best way to explain the taste is to say it’s a cross between a soufflé and bread pudding. It tastes like a dessert you would be served in a fancy restaurant. This is certainly one to wow your company with!
- Sweet Dark Cherry Clafouti
- 15 ounce can dark sweet cherries, pitted and drained
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cake flour
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat to 350 degrees F
- Butter a deep pie dish and lay cherries in the dish.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the milk and cream.
- You want small bubbles to appear around the edges.
- Remove heat and whisk in the flour just a little at a time until no lumps.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Whisk in the milk mixture.
- Pour over the cherries.
- Place pie dish on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until brown on top, about 50-55 minutes.
- Cool and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream or both!
Adapted from Williams Sonoma