Symphony Chocolate Toffee Brownies
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Symphony Chocolate Toffee Brownies which were just outrageous! I mean brownies are yummy but brownies stuffed with Chocolate Toffee Symphony Bars are even better! Talk about over the top! These are every bit as rich and decadent as you would think and worth every single little calorie!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
You may need:
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3¾ cups sugar
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 4 6.8 ounce Symphony milk chocolate bars with almonds and toffee chips
- Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave, using 30 second increments, stirring frequently as to not over heat chocolate until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and sugar in large bowl (add a large pinch of salt if using unsalted butter). Using mixer, beat on high, scraping a few times, till very light and fluffy, for up to 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate and mix in on low, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Sift flour into bowl and mix till just combined.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan.
- Smooth the batter to cover bottom of pan.
- Place the candy bars side by side over batter, cutting the 4th bar into pieces to finish covering the batter.
- Top with the rest of the batter and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely, then remove from pan using foil to lift.
- Chill, cut and serve.