Taco Chicken Thighs
Taco chicken thighs have become a weekly staple on our dinner menu! I use boneless, skinless thighs and this recipe couldn’t be easier. Pop it all into your slow cooker and a few hours later you have a wonderful dinner waiting for you! You can cook it on low all day or throw it in after work on high for 3 1/2 hours. This is delicious served in taco shells, hard or soft. I also like serving it over rice with lots of yummy toppings. Some faves include, cheese, avocado slices, scallions, sour cream, salsa and anything else you can dream up! This is a great weeknight meal because not only is it incredible flavorful…it is simple to prep and make! Even the kids ate it which is no simple feat! My favorite plates when serving these as tacos are these fun, festive taco plates!
These plates work great for other dinners, too! Not just for tacos! I love the bright colors, too.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- a little sprinkle of kosher salt
- 16 ounces salsa
- Lay chicken in crockpot and sprinkle on the taco seasoning and a little extra salt.
- Pour on the salsa.
- Cover and cook on high 3½ hours.
- Shred chicken thighs and serve in taco shells or over rice as a salad bowl.
- Top with your favorites: avocado, cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, etc.