This Teriyaki chicken is the best one I have ever made! Better than any take out teriyaki, too! You can serve this over rice or noodles or in these cute little fried rice cups! They make one adorable presentation. I found saw this recipe over at Tasty and adapte it just a bit. Go check them out.
You May Need:
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast tenders Bell & Evans
- ½ teaspoon salt paprika
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 lime juiced
- sesame oil for final drizzle
Fried Rice Cups
- For 6 cups
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice I used brown rice from Traders Joe's-just microwave it!
- ½ onion minced
- 3 scallions sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Season chicken with salt and drop paprika.
- Cook chicken just a few mins on each side to brown-does not need to be cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, and lime juice in a cup.
- Pour into wok and simmer a minute or 2 to thicken.
- Return chicken and toss in sauce until just cooked through.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds, and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Fried Rice Cups
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine rice, onion, scallions, garlic, salt, soy sauce, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Divide into muffin cups and with a spoon press the sides against the cups and bottom down to make an indent in the centers.
- Bake 35 minutes and remove from tins.
- Fill with sliced chicken and sauce.