This is the ultimate in pound cakes. It calls for Eurpoean butter (sold in regular food stores) and it really does make all the difference. Just wait until you taste this! This recipe comes from Baked Occasions….love this book!
The Ultimate Buttery Pound Cake
- 1 cup allpurpose flour
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces Eurpoean style softened butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 9x5 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar for 5 mins.
- Add vanilla, eggs and yolks.
- On low, add the dry ingredients in 3 batches alternating with the cream.
- Transfer to pan and bake 55-65 mins.
- If browning too much, tent it with foil.
- Cool before slicing. Tastes even better on day two!
Karen Staley says
I love pound cake. It was my grandmother’s favorite. I use to make it a lot when I was a little girl. You have a wonderful recipe for pound cake today, “The Ultimate Buttery Pound Cake”. I wanted to post it to my face book but the picture for chocolate chunk cookies kept coming up instead of the pound cake. I didn’t post the recipe. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you for all of your great recipes.
I can’t find European butter will regular butter work
It should but I haven’t tried.