Toasted S'mores Fudge Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted (Next time I will add another Tablespoon to this ingredient!)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Fudge layer
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Fluff Layer
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- For the fudge filling, microwave the condensed milk and the chocolate chips together until melted and smooth. Pour onto the crust and spread with offset spatula. Chill in fridge.
- Homemade Fluff
- In a mixer, beat 2 egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form. Let that sit.
- In a pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt over medium-high heat.
- Boil together until a candy thermometer reaches 240°.
- Slowly and carefully drizzle this into the egg whites while the mixer runs on low speed.
- Once added, put mixer on medium-hi and beat 8 minutes!
- Add vanilla the last few seconds.
- Spread this all on top of the chocolate layer carefully. Try to make peaks if desired with spatula.
- Put pan under broiler for 1 minute or until the top of the marshmallow layer gets lightly golden.
- Cool,chill, then cut!
Adapted from Cookies and Cups