TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP, BROWNED BUTTER & SEA SALT COOKIES STUFFED WITH NUTELLA!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter PLUS 1 EXTRA TBLSP.
- 1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the butter begins to brown. Takes several minutes. Remove heat once brown and smelling nutty and yummy and pour into mixer bowl. Let cool a few minutes. Beat the butter and sugars. Add the egg, yolk, vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. Fold in all of the chocolate chips. Chill dough a few hours or in the freezer 1 hour!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll a small ball of Dough and place a tsp. of nutella in the center. Wrap it up so it is concealed and add more dough if needed to encase it. Lightly press down tops, sprinkle with sea salt and
- bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. Eat immediately Cool on sheets.
Recipe adapted from ambitious kitchen
Pretty sure I just gained 10 pounds reading this recipe and cannot wait to try it. Yes. It’s official…off to the store to snag a jar of nutella!