WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZY (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER’S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER…AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! TRUTH BE TOLD, I LOVE THAT EVERY RECIPE I CHOOSE IS ALWAYS A WINNER!
This month I chose Liz’s Triple layer Truffle Brownies. These are sinful, decadent and everything you want in a top notch brownie!!! The three layers are made up of a cookie crust, a fudgy brownie and a sinful chocolate glaze on top. Once chilled, they cut beautifully-another perk! Try some truffle brownies next time you have a sweet tooth!
Truffle Brownies…from That Skinny Chick Can Bake…..adapted from an old Jewish cookbook via her friend, Sharon
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9 x 13 inch pan w/nonstick foil.
- Cream the brown sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour and mix till blended. Pat into bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Stir till smooth.
- Let cool slightly before adding sugar and vanilla.
- Then mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, and salt until just combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake in middle of oven about 25-27 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place in refrigerator.
- Gently heat chocolate, cream and butter in microwave till chocolate and butter are melted.
- Stir till smooth.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before spreading over brownies.
- Return to refrigerator.
- When chilled, cut into bars and serve.
MAKE SURE YOU VISIT LIZZIE AND SEE WHAT SHE MADE FROM MY BLOG THIS MONTH. YOU CAN ALSO VISIT HER HERE: