YOU CAN USE PILLSBURY COOKIES, BAKE THEM AND SKIP TO #5 IF YOU PREFER.
FOR HOMEMADE USE THIS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
1 1/2 cups soft butter
2 C. SUGAR
1 TSP. VANILLA
5 C. FLOUR
2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
1 TSP. SALT
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- ADAPTED FROM ALLRECIPES
- ROYAL ICING
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- Scant 1/2 cup water
Beat ingredients in a mixer bowl on low speed until smooth, about 7 minutes. If icing is too thick, add more water; if too thin, beat 2 to 3 minutes more.