REESE’S OVERLOAD CAKE-2 PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIE LAYERS, 1 CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE LAYER FILLED WITH AN INTENSE CHOCOLATE FROSTING, TOPPED WITH PB FROSTING

Peanut Butter Blondie Layers-Butter 2 9 inch pans and line with parchment. Butter the parchment. Preheat oven to 350
2 sticks butter
1 c. SKIPPY peanut butter
6 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. sugar
2 c. flour (USE C4C FLOUR TO MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE)
2 tsp. baking powder

Melt butter and Skippy. Put in mixer and add sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour and powder. Divide into 2 pans. Bake approx 35 mins. Cool completely. I like to freeze the cooled layers for easier frosting.

Crustless Cheesecake portion:

1 stick softened butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened

1 1/2 oz. package cook and serve vanilla pudding

2 eggs

1 tsp baking powder
2 melted Hershey Bars
1/2c. melted ghirardelli bittersweet chips, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease ONE 9″ pan with shortening, line the pan with parchment and then grease the parchment. Lightly butter the pan and Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add cream cheese a little at a time until smooth. Scrape bowl down and beat again on medium speed, adding eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients. Mix again until smooth.

Pour in pan. Smooth batter with offset spatula and bake for 50-55 mins. Cheesecake will puff up during baking, then deflate when taken out.

Do not turn out cheesecake when finished baking. Put directly in the freezer, and leave until frozen solid. Remove for assembly.

Peanut Butter Frosting

4c. confectioner’s sugar
1c. SKIPPY peanut butter
2T. soft butter
1 tsp. vanilla
few T. of milk

Beat peanut butter, butter, vanilla and 2c. powdered sugar. SLOWLY add rest of sugar and then the milk until the desired consistency to spread on. Add milk slowly. Beat on high till fluffy!
Chocolate frosting:

• 1/2c. + 6T cocoa powder
  • 3/4c. confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
  • dash salt
  • 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat cream in microwave and pour in mixer with cocoa powder and 3/4c. confectioners. Mix well. Add butter, salt, 1c. confectioners, vanilla and whip on high. Set aside.

Assembly!!!
Split chocolate frosting between one peanut butter blondie top and the top of the chocolate cheesecake. Layer it: pb blondie/choc frosting, chocolate cheesecake/frosting/pb blondie. Frost entire cake in pb frosting. Push peanut butter chip and dark chocolate chips into the sides and top with 8 chopped peanut butter cups. keep chilled!!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

• Diana says

I made this cake after much deliberation (due to the many steps), but it was not too hard to make and assemble. The taste was to die for – I highly recommend making this overload cake. I made it for my daughter’s birthday and she was very impressed; my boyfriend said it was the best cake he had ever eaten and the most decadent (serve in small slices). Don’t change a thing about this recipe and it will turn out perfectly. It even looked professional and I am no cake maker! Thank you for this super great recipe! I am keeping it :)

1. says

This is awesome looking!!!! I love every single thing about it!!! Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday…you were the most viewed link last week:-)

2. says

Goodness gracious sakes alive, girlie!!! I think I just died and went to heaven looking at the photo’s and reading the ingredients. This is amazing. Some of my favorite things, cheesecake, chocolate, peanut butter, butter, Reese’s peanut butter cups…WOW!

3. Anonymous says

It taste very good but the cake really falls apart a lot when you go to remove it from the pan! It’s kinda messy to assemble :/

4. Anonymous says

When you refer to a package of vanilla pudding, do you mean straight out of the package or made into pudding? Thanks!

5. Anonymous says

What temperature do you cook the blondie on? And, on the vanilla pudding, you only use 1.5 oz of the 3 oz box? I cant find a 1.5 oz package.

6. says

So I finally found a reason to make such a large and intricate cake!! Most comments I see aren’t from anyone who made it, but from those who think it looks tasty. :) well, it IS tasty. I made it for a large birthday party, and due to richness of the cake, took quite a bit home even after everyone was well fed! Not that i mind. It took some time baking, cooling, freezing the layers and I made it over a span of two days. Lots of bowls and mixing and utensils and washings…. Time consuming but worth it for a special occasion. The freezing of the layers was essential to outting it together. Followed directions to the letter. I wouldn’t change a thing about the peanut butter frosting! Rich and to die for! Plenty for the entire cake and a bit extra. Careful not to sdd too much milk… it will start to slowly slide off of the cake when not in the fridge. You could probably simplify some of the cake layers ( not sure what the jello pudding mix was crucial for, you could only melt one type of chcolate for the cheesecake instead of two, etc). Regardless, when I make it again someday, I KNOW it will impress. It looks great and would knock over any peanut butter lover.

7. Carol Aylward says

Wow! Looks amazing! Thanks! So we can’t eat for a year after having a piece, it would be worth it I bet!

8. says

Hello all the way from Australia..I am in the middle of making this cake for my American husband and step children..the whole peanut butter concept apart from on toast is still a bit weird to me, but my Australian son has sampled my little test cake and is a convert! Had to convert it all to our measurements..but so far so good.. cakes are in the freezer, cheesecake part is baking and frosting is ready to go!! I had my husband sample the cake mix before it went in the oven and I swear he froze and said OMG this is a taste from my childhood!! Thanks :)

9. Anonymous says

I made this yesterday. It was amazing. It was so rich no one could finish their piece. Thanks for the recipe. I will be making the pb blondies as a standalone dessert for sure!

10. Anonymous says

11. says

I am making this right now and am still confused about the size of the hershey bars. I have two 4 oz bars–is that right?

12. says

Not quite sure what to say about this cake. It was a ton of work (to be expected) and the recipe was a tad confusing at times (ex. no overall ingredient list). Everything tasted really good though, but all together I thought it was just too rich. Some people loved it, most people seemed to like it, but couldn’t finish there pieces. Author did respond right away to my question which as great!

13. says

I just made it for my son!!!! It’s his 21st bday and he found the recipe and sent to me!! It took 2 days and it looks fantastic!!! His sister is even allergic to peanuts but it’s his special day! She had to leave while blondies were baking! LOL! I tasted every thing along the way! OMG, the peanut butter frosting tastes like PB fudge! Can’t wait to have a TEENY piece later! I bet 4 billion calories per bite! LOL!! THanks for sharing!

14. Rachel says

Love this! Plan to make for my husband’s upcoming birthday, but have a few questions. How exactly do you freeze lawyers? In something, on something, wrapped, etc? How do you keep them ‘safe’ (not getting bumped, freezer smell, etc) in the freezer? If I make this cake a day in advance, can it be stored at room temp or does it need to be refrigerated? THANK YOU so much in advance and thanks for the awesome looking cake!!!!!!

15. Carla Hoogerwerff says

Hi I have 2 questions diabetic or not making this thank God I am pretty good with my diabetes so I can cheat from time to time lol anyway why butter or grease pans then parhment then grease again? Also if I don’t have a stand mixer with paddle attachment is it ok to use an electric mixer with regular attachments. Thanks for sharing this recipe looks awsome can’t wait to make it.

• danielle says

DOUBLE greasing keeps parchment in place and then the cake from sticking. I am sure a regular mixer is fine! hee hee on cheating-enjoy!!!

16. Poppy Hannah says

Hi! Wow, what a cake! I so want to make this. The site will not allow me to print this recipe, it tells me access denied. What do I need to do to get the recipe without copying it long hand? I tried to Pin it, but can’t find it. Do I need to join something? Please help – I’ve been searching for this recipe where Pin Interest took me – “Everything Cake” – but it’s not on that board, but there is SO MUCH on that board, I’d love to make every single cake there at least once!! So beautiful & I just know each & every one will be as delicious as they look! I’ll be watching to see if anyone responds, and I thank you in advance, who ever you may be! God bless & have a wonderful weekend! Poppy Hannah :)

17. Mary says

Williams Sonoma?? Is that an American store? I am from Canada, but it’s okay I have created my own awesome gf flour. Thanks for the quick reply!.

18. Jody says

I saw this posted on FB and knew I had to make it. I’ve gotten the two peanut butter layers cook and the chocolate cheesecake part in the oven now. My two boys have asked me what is that wonderful smell!!! I can’t wait to put it all together and try it. So far, everything has come out just like stated. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Jody says

It was so delicious!!! It is a very sweet tasting cake, so you can’t eat to much, but loved it. So did our family and friends that we shared it with. Thanks for the recipe, will make it again.

19. Callie says

Made this last night for church. It was amazing!!! I just had little of the leftover with coffee for breakfast ;) Thank you for this amazing recipe!

20. Tanya says

I’m baking the blonde layers right now and I’m already 10mins longer baking and they are nowhere near done (per toothpick test). They are getting pretty dark on top…if this doesn’t work out it will be disappointing :(

21. Heather says

My mom is a leap year baby. So for her actual birthday I always make her a super special cake. But when I seen this cake I knew it couldn’t wait until her actual leap year birthday. Needless to say I’m making it right now for her. She is soooooo gonna love this!

22. says

Just to let you know it was absolutely delicious!!!!! My daughter in law loved it and, yes, she did eat it!!!!! Not too big of a piece but she caved in. My children all said make it again mom!!!!!! Not much of the cake left either!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I also added pineapple cut out with a cookie cutter in a 4 and a 0 for her 40th. Dipped each number in chocolate and put it on top of the cake just to add a little more sweetness, LOL!!! My grandson grabbed both and they were gone!!!!!!!!!! It was a few days of baking but well worth the time and watching all enjoy!!!!!!!!!

23. Flossy says

In regard to the cheesecake do you let it sit out to cool until it deflates and then put it in the freezer. Did you cover it before freezing while it was still warm

24. Carla Hoogerwerff says

I have made this cake for my son’s 15th Birthday and it was a hit, although I almost couldn’t because I don’t own one of those beautiful mixers with the different attachments but a great friend of mine does and she lent it to me to make it all possible, I followed directions to the T and it was easier then I thought. Thanks for the recipe. I only have a basic hand mixer is there any way to do all the steps if you don’t have the paddle attachments?

25. Katharine Kidd says

My brother made this for my 21st and it was AH-MAY-ZING! So much sweet/saltyness and the icing was just divine. He topped it with chocolate chips! Definitely a winner for anyone who can handle intense flavors and DENSE cake. Loved it – making it again for a family reunion. Great recipe!

26. sandy says

I am making this tomorrow do you mix the pudding or just use the powder and it is the cook pudding mix right

27. Rosanna says

I have made this cake once and it was a huge hit with everyone! It was delicious and looked great. I did find that overall it was just HUGE, and it was difficult to finish a slice. I’d like to make it again, but I’m considering halfing the ingredients for each layer, making each layer half the thickness. Any comments or suggestions on baking times if I try this?

28. Barbara says

I tried making this last year but the peanut butter cake did not cook in the middle. I read the directions again and did exactly what it said, had the right oven time, etc. I even left it in the oven longer, but it did not cook all the way in the middle. The outsides cooked fine. I’m not sure what happened. I ended up throwing it out. Any suggestions?

Trackbacks