This post is a very special one for a very special lady….Ashley from Center Cut Cook. You may have seen me link to her blog in the past because she is the creator of the amazing chocolate lasagna recipe! Well, outside of lasagnas and the kitchen, Ashley has been fighting some more serious battles. She is an incredibly brave, strong woman and is nothing short of AMAZING! Her husband Ryan was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer at 29 years and their son Miles needs a kidney & liver transplant. Miles is a gorgeous little boy with blue eyes that could light up the entire sky! Please help by joining Team Ryan as we support Ryan and Miles. Ashley, you are a role-model to us all. You are Superwoman and we send love, prayers & hugs to your family! You can follow Ashley and her family on her blog and facebook page!
In honor of Ashley, the blogging community is coming together to share some meals that you could bring to a friend in need. I have chosen my baked meatball parmesan because it is a perfect dish of comforting food! You could serve it with pasta or right into some delicious subs to make heros! These meatballs freeze beautifully and reheat like they were made that day! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Baked Meatball Parmesan Casserole
- 1½ pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal combo)
- 4 cloves garlic-roughly chopped, not minced
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Schar gluten free brand)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated) (sometimes I use grated asiago cheese)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
- Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!
- Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large.
- Pour 1-2 Tablespoons oil on a baking stone or pan with sides and bake meatballs at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven to 375.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish(es).
- I used a ceramic dish pictured above or you could use one 9×13.
- Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top up with lots of mozzarella! It should be covered with cheese!!!
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is browning.
- For the last 4 minutes I raised the oven temp to 400 to help the browning.
Check out what all of these other wonderful bloggers made for #TEAMRYAN
Sugar Dish Me made this Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake
That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Mexican Chicken Manicotti
Food faith & Fitness made a Paleo Casserole with Turkey, Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomato
Spend with Pennies made Chicken Noodle Casserole (from Scratch)
Wishes & Dishes made this Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
Frugal Foodie Mama made Pizza Pierogi Casserole
Snappy Gourmet made Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole
Miss in the Kitchen made a Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Bake
Life, Love, and Good Food made this Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Bless This Mess made Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad
Mandy’s Recipe Box collected 30 Freezer Meals
Hugs and Cookies made Baked Parmesan Meatball Casserole
Barbara Bakes made this Veal & Wild Mushroom Stew
A Cedar Spoon made Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, & Gouda Macaroni & Cheese
It’s Yummi made an Easy Cheese & Sausage Pizza Bake
A Family Feast made these Easy Freezer Meatballs
Stuck on Sweet made Homemade Goulash
Bakes me Happy made a Peach Skillet Galette
Two Healthy Kitchens made a 5-Ingredient Easy Pasta Bake