I think this may be the first time I have ever made homemade chocolate pudding. My mom always used the jello brand pudding that you cooked which was delicious! It was always way better than the instant kind! I thought it would be fun to make a homemade version and it sure was easy! As you can see, my youngest guy gobbled this up!!! As for my other son, he only wanted to know why I didn’t make vanilla pudding! Guess that’s next on the baking list. Can they ever just like the same thing? hee hee
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 6½ ounces semi sweet chocolate bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large saucepan over medium, combine and stir the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Carefully pour the milk in and then the eggs.
- Stir and continue cooking until it starts to boil.
- Remove fro the heat and whisk in the chocolate, butter and vanilla.
- Once smooth, spoon into individual dishes and chill a few hours until set.
- Serve with whipped cream!
Adapted from Pioneer Woman