It is that delicious time of the month again….. 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun!
This month our reveal falls on Passover so I chose to make Liz’s Matzoh Toffee! I used gluten free matzohs made by Yehuda and they came out fabulous. Such a sinful candy that everyone loves. There is so much delicious chocolate and sugar that it is hard to believe there is any matzoh under there at all!
You can check out more of Liz’s recipes on her social media channels! You will be thrilled you did!
- 4-5 matzos (I used gluten free yehuda)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1+ cup chopped, toasted pecans or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then top with a sheet of parchment paper. Cover surface with a single layer of matzos, breaking as needed to fit. Set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat till it comes to a boil, then continue to stir and boil for 3 more minutes.
- Carefully pour hot mixture over matzos and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till caramel mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Wait about 5 minutes for chocolate to melt, then smooth over surface and sprinkle with pecans or sprinkles.
- Refrigerate till chocolate is firm, about 45 minutes.
- Using parchment, remove toffee from pan to large cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.