Melt 5 Tablesoons butter
Stir in 5 ounces Oreo crumbs (whirl oreos in food processor)
Add: 1/3c. sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt
WHEN COMBINED, PAT INTO AN 8X8 PAN LINED WITH NONSTICK FOIL.
TOP THIS LAYER WITH 24 MINI TWIX BARS AND SET ASIDE. (or use 6 regular size packages)
Make Cheesecake layer
- 8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (my homemade recipe here )
Electric mix all of the above until smooth and pour over the twix bars. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Cool to room temp and chill.
- Make Ganache to pour on top.
- In microwave, combine 1/2c. heavy cream, 8 Tablespoons butter, 6 ounces dark chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Stir in 2T. powdered sugar and pour over the bars. Chill firm before cutting.
- recipe adapted and inspired from Bakers Royale