This is a cheesecake you need to make like
now yesterday! It starts with a sponge cake layer and Junior’s Cheesecake recipe. (BEST CHEESECAKE EVA!) This gets topped with my mom’s scrumptious pastry cream and then a nice chocolate layer. Mmmmm!!! You can click here & get your own Springform Pan!
Get Your Cake Flour Here!
Click here for a Pastry Bag, if desired for decorating!
Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake
- ½ cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 OUNCES)
- ⅓ c. milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- I would wrap outside of pan with foil as mine leaked a bit!
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high for 3 minutes.
- Then, with the mixer still running, gradually add the ⅓ cup of sugar and continue beating until thick light-yellow ribbons form in the bowl, about 5 minutes more.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour mixture over the batter and stir it in by hand until mo more white flecks appear.
- Then blend in the butter.
- In a clean bowl, using clean dry beaters, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on high until frothy.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form (the whites should stand up in stiff peaks, but not be dry).
- Stir about ⅓ cup of the whites into the batter, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Gently spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake until just set about 13-15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack while you make the cheesecake filling which will go right on top of this.
- Place one 8-ounce package of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining 3 packages of the cream cheese.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1⅓ cups of the sugar, then beat in the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating the batter well after each one.
- Blend in heavy cream.
- Gently spoon the cheese filling on top of the baked sponge cake layer.
- Keep foil on outside of springform pan and place pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes about 1 inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center barely jiggles when you shake the pan, about 75-85 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Then cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it's completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat all ingredients on high in mixer until thick.
- Pipe or spread onto cold cheesecake and chill again.
- Remove side ring of pan carefully.
- Combine all ingredients in microwave safe dish and heat until melted. Let cool quite a bit before pouring onto cake over the cream. Chill until serving time.
MY LATEST VIDEOS