- 12 ounces almond paste
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ cups pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with PARCHMENT.
- Mix almond paste and granulated sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and 2 egg whites; process until smooth.
- Whisk remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl.
- Place pine nuts on shallow plate.
- With lightly floured hands roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Coat balls in egg whites, shaking off excess, then roll in pine nuts, pressing lightly to stick.
- Arrange balls on cookie sheets, and flatten slightly to form a 1½ inch round.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.