This is pretty much a killer recipe! Total Home cookin with a comfort food feel!
Ramen Noodle Chicken Casserole
- 5 packages Ramen Noodles, flavor packet discarded (or save for another use)
- 6 chicken cutlets (1½-2 pounds total)
- 1 cup Caesar Dressing
- salt, pepper, chili powder
- 5 slices bacon
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 C onion, diced
- 3 T flour
- 3 T butter
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1½ C heavy cream
- 1 C cheese, grated (i used Kerrygold)
- 1 C fresh plum tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ C fresh parsley, minced
- Marinate chicken in caesar dressing for a few hours, use a ziploc bag to make it easy.
- Cook bacon until crispy, remove and chop.
- Leave just a few Tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan and cook chicken until well browned. Season chicken with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Transfer to large casserole pan.
- Clean out pan and melt the butter.
- Add onion and mushrooms cooking 5 mins.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute whisking it in well.
- Pour in broth and cream.
- Bring to a boil while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Shut heat.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- Add cheese & parsley.
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top and bake uncovered 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles until done and add them to the finished chicken dish.
- Decorate the top with the bacon and extra parsley.
Adapted from Heather Likes Food-pop on over-you’ll LOVE her blog! You can also follow her Facebook Page Here!