Nonstick foil-best invention lol!!!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces Kraft Caramel squares
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and line a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick foil.
- In a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt.
- Press evenly into the pan.
- I like to lay parchment or wax paper over it and roll with a small rolling pin to even out.
- Bake the crust approx 35 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let cool.
- Melt the caramel and cream in a microwave safe bowl stirring often until smooth.
- Pour the caramel over the cool crust and pop in freezer to set it quickly.
- Melt the milk chocolate and butter in the microwave until smooth.
- Pour over the cold caramel layer.
- Place in fridge until set up.
- Let sit at room temp about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Store these beauties in the fridge. The caramel will set up nicely. As they sit out the caramel will soften. To make them extra ooey gooey like in some of my pictures, pop them in the microwave just a for a few seconds and grab a lot of napkins! Mmmmmmmm!!!
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything-be sure to check out her fabulous blog!!!