Candy and Chicken? Not quite but this tastes so sweet and yummy you will gobble it up just as you would candy! The honey, garlic ketchup and tamari make the perfect glaze for this chicken. You can use whatever chicken parts you like best but in this house thighs are the winner! I love the ease of this recipe, too. Plus there is no searing of the chicken required which is a pleasure! Just dump it all in the crockpot and go about your day for 6 hours! Then, you’ll have the best chicken ever waiting for you. We love to shred this up. It is also fabulous in tacos!
- 8 chicken thighs
- ½ cup Tamari sauce (Or you can use soy sauce)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame seeds (I toasted mine in a dry skillet for a few mins over medium/low)
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey & garlic.
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Top with sesame seeds
Adapted from Diethood-check out her awesome blog!