Sometimes you are in the mood for chocolate. Sometimes you are in the mood for peanut butter. But on most days….let’s face it-we are in the mood for both! These cupcakes are truly sinful. 2 homemade frostings swirled into one. I topped some with peanut butter cup halves and some with chunks I cut off of a Reese’s Fast Break bar! Be creative and have fun making these chocolate peanut butter frosted cupcakes.
You can take a shortcut and use a box mix cupcake here if you’d like. After all, the frosting is the star! However, feel free to make your favorite homemade vanilla cupcakes….it certainly won’t hurt! LOL Here is My favorite vanilla cupcake recipe.
To swirl the frostings together I used these special disposable duet piping bags!
Double Piping Bag-super cool!!!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup very warm water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 T. soft butter
- ⅔ cup confectioner's sugar
- Beat all together on low to combine. Beat on high 2 mins until fluffy!
- Beat all on high until fluffy, about 2 mins.
- Combine both frostings in a piping bag and swirl. Top with peanut butter cup candies. I like to use a double piping bag-see link above.
Warning: The chocolate frosting made a ton! Either halve it for this or use the extra for brownies!