My oldest son turned 10 last weekend and you know what means…double digits. Double digits is, of course, a BIG deal! I knew this chocolate boot would be enough to satisfy 25 growing boys. This coupled with a load of candy sushi and a huge birthday cake certainly did the trick!
The chocolate I used for this came from Chocoley. I love their chocolates because they melt well, are gluten free and nut free, too! I used a bit over one pound to make the boot and after it chilled I did a second coat to make sure it was thick enough! Then, I dipped lots and lots of pretzels!
You can check out their bada bing chocolate disks here.
- Chocoley disks
- boot mold
- Use clips to attach 2 molds together.
- Cut top of molds to allow chocolate to be poured in.
- Melt chocolates in double boiler.
- Pour in mold and twirl around to coat.
- Pour out excess.
- Pop in fridge to set and turn on each side after a few mins.
- Pour in a second coat and let set up in fridge 20-25 mins.
- Remove mold,decorate and fill!
You can find several boot molds at amazon here.
Chocoley provided me with the chocolate disks. All opinions in this post are my own.