This Turkey and Cheese Frittata is about to spice up your weekend morning breakfast! This makes your favorite omelette look just a little bit less fancy. The frittata comes with a nice presence and will “WOW” anyone you are feeding breakfast too. It gets a nice POOF in the oven and a perfect broiled top! You can be very creative with your meats and veggies, too! Try some ham, broccoli, bacon or even sausage! You can also top it with rosemary and/or parsley if you are not a chive fan.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- splash of half & half or heavy cream
- 1-ounce shredded cheese, (I used combo mozzarella/provolone)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ red onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped honey maple turkey
- a few sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- In medium size bowl, whisk eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat 12-inch non-stick, oven safe saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Add onion and turkey and cook 3 mins.
- Pour egg mix into pan and stir with rubber spatula.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes letting eggs set up on bottom and top.
- Broil 3-4 mins to brown and puff.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Adapted from Alton Brown