It is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful treat! Each month we whip up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun!
This month I went a very unique route! No chocolate, no caramel…I know, I know-bare with me! This month I went with Orange Margaritas in honor of Mother’s Day! A toast to all of you super moms out there! Grab some blood oranges and enjoy this lovely cocktail.
Oh and do you just adore these cute glasses with rhinestones? Love my bling! Thanks for the glasses, mom!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup silver tequila
- ½ cup Cointreau
- 2 cups fresh blood orange juice (about 6 oranges)
- A lime half for moistening the glass rims
- Kosher salt or sugar
- Juice the blood oranges.
- In a pitcher, stir together the lime juice, sugar and ¾ cup water until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau and blood orange juice.
- Rub the rims of three 6-ounce martini glasses with the cut side of a lime half.
- Spread coarse salt or sugar on a small plate and press the rims of the glasses until coated.
- Fill a cocktail shaker about ¾ full of ice and measure in 1½ cups of the cocktail mix for 3 drinks. Cover and shake for about 15 seconds to thoroughly chill the mixture.
- Strain into the glasses.
- Garnish the glasses with a slice of blood orange and a slice of lime if desired.