Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies that involves chocolate chunk cookies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. Let’s face it, you can never have too many chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chunk cookies for that matter! I used chocolate chunks in this recipe but check out Liz’s if you have chocolate disks on hand! Next time, I will have to try those! These will definitely be showing up in my kitchen again! Everyone raved about these. I also loved that this dough did not need to be chilled first. A true time saver. The dough quickly comes together and 12 minutes later you can be enjoying hot cookies with a glass of cold milk!
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with paddle attachment of stand mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and 1½ tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until blended.
- Fold in chocolate by hand just until combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake via Southern Living