Fiesta Taco Slow Cooker Chicken
This crockpot meal is a serious winner, winner, chicken dinner! It takes only 4 hours on high to make or you can do 8 hours on low. Once cooked, you simply shred the chicken and add all the fixins! I added scallions, shredded cheese and fresh avocado slices! You could also add corn, onions, peppers, guacamole, rice, beans and whatever else you love! This is such a versatile dish and can be served over rice, with tortilla chips or in soft/hard shell tacos! The joy of this meal is it will cook while you are at work and your house will smell amazing when you return home! Fiesta Taco Slow Cooker Chicken will be a new favorite in your house! Even the kids will enjoy this if served on a Taco Tuesday night! You may also enjoy this on a chilly night in a huge bowl! Mmmmm!
- 3 pounds chicken thighs (I like to do one package boneless/skinless and one pack bone-in but you can mix and match)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- salt to taste
- 16 ounces salsa
- 2 limes, juiced
- chopped scallions
- shredded cheese
- fresh avocado, sliced
- (Can also try corn, peppers, onions, guacamole, rice, beans, etc.)
- Lay chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and some salt to taste.
- Pour on the salsa.
- Add in the lime juice.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred, discard any bones and return chicken to the pot.
- Add toppings and serve!