APPLE CRUMB PIE TOPPED WITH CARAMEL & A GARNISH OF PECANS
Recipe adapted from Emeril Contest
Apple Crumb Pie With Caramel
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 6 cups thinly-sliced peeled apples
- 1 recipe crumb topping (see below)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup caramel topping (or homemade salted caramel)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup butter
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Combine all crumb ingredients to form a dough.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for approx 40 minutes or until golden and apples tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle pie with chopped pecans then drizzle with caramel on top.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy warm or at room temperature.