This balsamic chicken salad dinner is amazing. The chicken gets a nice glaze, sliced on a diagonal and placed on top of a delicious lemon salad with sautéed veggies! You can also change it up with any veggies you love…it’s a very flexible dish! This recipe is adapted from the Rachael Ray show. I just happened to catch an episode one day and changed it up for dinner that very night. I hope you work this one into your dinner rotations. It’s a perfect summer meal as it is low carb and very light! Feel free to add some chopped nuts or fruit, too! But what makes the chicken so yummy? A combo of brown sugar and dijon mustard are the secret weapons tagging along with the balsamic vinegar!
Balsamic Chicken Salad
- 1 bag arugula rinsed, dried and placed in salad bowl
- 1 red onion sliced on top of arugula
- 3 to 4 stalks celery stalks very thinly sliced on an angle
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- small container sliced mushrooms
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced or crushed and chopped
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Optional: scallions for garnish
- Heat oil and butter in skillet.
- Saute celery, garlic and mushrooms.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove to a plate.
- Whisk all together and pour over arugula just before serving.
- Add 2 T. oil to skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in skillet until browned and cooked through.
- Remove to plate and cover to rest.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the garlic.
- Stir one minute.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, and Worcestershire for one minute.
- Stir in the Dijon.
- Slice chicken on a diagonal and add to the pan.
- Serve over the salad along with the sautéed veggies!